Thursday, June 7, 2012

A time for self reflection

June 7, 2012


We are half way through this life adventure, and there have been many emotions that have surfaced that I did not know existed until now. The first 5 weeks were more challenging than I can even express. The emotion of isolation was most prominent. I do not have extended family to love, friends to laugh with, and in most cases I am not in the position to fill these voids. Having a language barrier is extremely difficult. I have learned to appreciate other things in life: laughter, play, beautiful sights, and the sky.


After the first 5 weeks, life here in Germany became my life. To be honest I was happy and I loved it. We were fortunate to have David’s parents visit us the past 2-½ weeks. We traveled around Europe together (more stories to come). After I brought them to the airport, I cried--- the type of cry that takes your breath away.

Dave asked,
“What is it?”      “Do you miss home or your parents?”

My reply was,
“I don’t know whose life this is… but it is not mine.”

Thankfully I am not in that position anymore! This is my life!!!  J

But I do miss all of you… everyone from ‘home’. I’m happy living in Germany once again, but life is not the same without coming in contact with people who know me. I am afraid I may come home a better person J I will make more time for the people in my life and cherish that time, and for that I am grateful.


1 comment:

  1. Reading what you write, open a lot of eyes to what life in another country is like, a lot of people enjoy what you write.

    Please keep sharing with us when you have time.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete