Sunday, June 24, 2012

Crying in Croatia


June 12, 2012


Since my last posting about our adventure to Italy, we made trip to Croatia. We went to Croatia in early May for a long weekend. We took a cheap airline there, and everything was going smoothly… too smoothly. We made it to customs and I have never had my passport   ALL of our passports examined so closely--- minutes felt like hours. Thankfully we were allowed into the country. Then the unimaginable happens: Caitlyn didn’t get her way. She had set down her prized possession (a pink blanket) in the customs line, and a lady handed it to her… Caitlyn didn’t want it handed it her, and the temper tantrum of 2012 begins…

Caitlyn is screaming, kicking, and crying. The security guards have now focused in on us. After about 30 minutes I get Caitlyn to calm down, and we can now get a taxi to go to our hotel. Once in the taxi and leaving the airport, we are pulled over by the airport police, and he is asking the taxi driver questions about us (Because the taxi driver is the perfect person to ask details about our lives :::::sarcasm:::: ). In the end we made it to our hotel.


The trip started out a little rough:

-We broke a glass

-Dave walked into the closed slider door (haha)

-Oh yeah and I locked us out on the balcony at 11pm while it was raining. To get down from the balcony it was a choice of jumping into staggered rocks 30 feet below or climbing a wall and knocking on the slider door of my neighbor who was climbing into bed. Talk about being between a rock and a hard place! Well, I’m still alive so I chose knocking on the neighbors sliding glass door as she was climbing in bed--- then I found out she didn’t speak English, but she got her husband and thank goodness he spoke some English. I walk through their apartment to make my ¼ mile walk in the rain to the front desk. Made it back in time to finish my beer! J

When we had breakfast the next day I think our waiter could tell we were slightly tense. He came out with two spirits for Dave and I, on the house! I don’t think I have drunk a spirit that early before--- but it really turned things around! We relaxed, and made it the rest of the vacation without any good stories to share! 

 pula amphitheater





No comments:

Post a Comment